Learn to Swim
LSA Swimming always aims to provide a unique learn to swim experience for every child. We strive for confident children and encourage children not to wear floaties but learn the skills of float, kick and swim. As students’ progress, they will learn the fundamental skills required for Freestyle and Backstroke, while each lesson will build on their own safety in and around the water.
Children learn the basics of body balance and the importance of floating. They will progress through the lesson to become confident in wall recoveries and be able to kick and paddle with a flotation aid.
The emphasis is on a horizontal position using front and back push and glides. Paddling and kicking is further developed, and they are introduced to rotation of the arms by “digging for treasure”.
Rotation of the arms is further developed to also incorporate in Backstroke and streamline kicking, this level includes a greater emphasis on water safety skills including the ability to swim with a t-shirt.
At this level your child continues to develop those ever-important breathing and kicking styles that form the foundation of effective Freestyle and Backstroke. Children start to learn reach rescue and jump entries.
Backstroke is further developed on with emphasis on a horizontal body position using front and back push and glides. Freestyle and Backstroke kick is further developed with Backstroke arms and bi-lateral breathing for Freestyle.
Rotation of the arms is further developed for both Freestyle and Backstroke. This level includes the introduction of Breaststroke and focuses on improved technique and breathing ability.
Our Aqua Aerobics classes are a group fitness class that focus on aerobic endurance, resistance training, and creating an enjoyable atmosphere with music. Each class goes for approximately 1 hour and is a great form of resistance training. LSA Fitness offers three specific Aqua Aerobic programs Shallow Water, Deep Water and or unique Fit & Powerful Aqua class.
Our Shallow Aqua class looks to improve your cardiovascular fitness, strength and balance by using equipment such as water dumbbells, paddles or noodles to increase the resistance of the water.
The Deep-Water Aqua class is great if you are recovering from injuries as this is a NON-Impact class. As with Shallow Aqua we use the waters’ resistance to improve cardiovascular fitness and strength. Buoyancy belts are used to assist flotation, while water dumbbells, paddles or noodles to increase the resistance of the water.
Fit & Powerful
This is a fast-paced cardio and strength class for those wanting to work hard in the water, the focus in our Fit & Powerful class is to generate increased water resistance through varying activities to really work hard at increasing your Cardiovascular fitness.
Salti is Australia’s leading floating fitness mat, transforming aqua-based fitness into a full body and fun work out. There are a wide range of benefits associated with this type of fitness class, including, developing core strength, increased balance, stamina and stability.
Active Kids Vouchers
Each year families are eligible to receive a $100 voucher per child (4.5 -18 years) from the NSW state government to use towards ongoing sports lessons, these vouchers are available through the Service NSW Portal.
These vouchers can be used for your LSA Swimming program. Please ensure you list all children and correct voucher numbers when applying for your programs as this may delay the time taken to redeem your vouchers. Please note, it may take up to 4 weeks for your voucher to be processed.
How to apply for the Active Kids Vouchers
- Visit https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/active-kids
- Read the Guidelines and Fact Sheets to learn about the program.
- Visit service.nsw.gov.au and create or login to your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete an Active Kids application through your MyServiceNSW Account. (You will receive a voucher with a unique ID number for each child you register )
- Redeem your voucher – speak with our staff and provide them your full details, voucher ID, your child’s name and which program you would like to use the voucher for.
Terms and Conditions
- Voucher will be redeemed upon enrolment in a structured program that runs for 8 weeks.
- As per conditions of Service NSW, the Active Kids voucher must be used for a structured program for a minimum of 8 weeks duration.
- If the child cancels out of their LSA Swimming program without using up the entire amount of the Active Kids Voucher, you will be unable to transfer the leftover amount to a different program.
- Non-attendance in a program does not entitle credits to the voucher.
- Under no circumstances is the Active Kids Voucher redeemable for cash.
- The vouchers are non-refundable or transferable.