Access & Inclusion
LSA Venues are a socially inclusive business, we recognise that every person matter, regardless of their circumstances. As part of our commitment to ensuring everyone in our community is included, we:
- Continually think of ways to improve and provide training to our staff so that they can meet the needs of the community i.e. people with disability, seniors, and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Make the Venues as accessible as possible i.e. consider is given to seating layout, installation of ramps, grab rails, wider doors, ‘rest stop’ seating and quieter spaces, visual guides and signage
- Attempt to make service and/or pay points have reduced noise levels and are clutter free.
- Explore opportunities to ensure we are employing people from a wide and varying talent pool within the community.
- Establish an Access and Inclusion Committee to work with councils in implementing the above actions and look to support council on upgrading their facilities for the benefit of all.
Access and Inclusion Committee
The Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee meets quarterly. Its objective is to assist our Venues and to increase and promote general awareness of access and inclusion for all people that work or visit or Venues.
The Committee has the following functions
- To develop and oversee the implementation of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan across our contract areas.
- To identify ways and opportunities to educate our community and raise awareness on access and inclusion issues
- To work with our Learning & Development team to customise training opportunities for staff to increase their ability to work with community members, with disability, seniors, and customers from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- To work with our Venue Managers and council contract partners to increase the compliance of the venues to current building standards.
Inclusive Learn to Swim
Our centre prides itself on providing aquatic programs to suit our diverse community. Providing opportunities to people with disabilities as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All our Inclusive LTS Teachers are certified b AUSTSWIM as a Teacher of Aquatics – Access and Inclusion (TAI)
This gives us the ability to deliver programs and services that meet the needs of a diverse range of people who use the aquatic environment regardless of their disability, chronic condition
Age or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD).